We are delighted that we can resume recitals safely on 19th May 2021 in line with the government’s roadmap out of lockdown.
Every Wednesday (except at Christmas and during August), we offer free lunchtime recitals at St Alphege Church. Everyone is welcome to attend to hear a variety of performers, from amongst our own staff, local musicians, and young professionals from further afield. The programme features singers and instrumentalists, as well as soloists and small groups. Entry is free and a retiring collection is held in aid of The Friends of St Alphege Music, registered charity 511237.
Recitals start at 1.10pm – tea/coffee and cake will be available before the recital. The performance is usually finished by 2pm.
Please visit www.trybooking.co.uk/BBOF to book a place.
Recitals will pause during the month of August, then will start again on Wednesday 1st September with Frank Stubbs and Darren Hogg (trumpet/organ).
1st September – Frank Stubbs and Darren Hogg – trumpet & organ
8th September – Angela Sones – organ
15th September – Shi Chin – violin
22nd September – Anthony Pinel – organ
29th September – Tenby Duo – saxophone & cello
6th October – Tony Bridgewater – piano
13th October – pupils from Solihull School
20th October – Saorsa String Quartet
27th October – choristers of St Alphege Church
3rd November – Chordata Jazz Quartet
10th November – Jane and Peter Morris – flute & organ
17th November – Rita Schindler – harp
24th November – Himley Duo – violin & piano
1st December – performer TBC
8th December – Sean Morrison – violin
15th December – Angela Sones and Richard Hartshorn – organ duo
22nd December – Christmas Recital
Thank you for supporting the safe return of live music recitals through following these protocols:
- Hand sanitiser is available for you to use as you arrive and leave church.
- Unless you are medically exempt, please wear a face covering whilst you are in the church building.
- Please maintain two-metre social distancing at all times whilst you are in church.
- Take particular care when entering and leaving the building.
- Please do not attend recitals if you have been asked to self-isolate or if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 within seven days of attending a recital, please inform us by emailing email@example.com.
- Please use our booking system trybooking.co.uk/BBOF to book for future recitals.