We are seeking to appoint an experienced and talented Director of Music and Organist to maintain and enhance the high standard of music for which this Parish Church is renowned, and to serve the mission and vision of our Parish. The existing postholder is leaving us at the end of August 2021 to take up the post of Director of Music at Bangor Cathedral.
- Four robed choirs – girls, boys, ladies, men (in various combinations).
- All Age Worship Band and Singers (one service per month).
- Large and varied repertoire – sung Eucharists and Choral Evensong most Sundays.
- Fine three-manual Nicholson organ.
- Fees for around 50 weddings / funerals per annum.
- 16 hours per week.
- Option to rent on-site accommodation.
Information for candidates can be downloaded below, together with the job description, person specification and application form.
To apply, please complete and submit all sections of the Application Form, together with a Letter of Application stating why you are interested in the post, how you fulfil the criteria, and ways in which you might contribute to the life of the church, music and wider congregation.
Applications should be sent to Pam Price email@example.com or c/o The Parish Office, Oliver Bird Hall, Church Hill Road, Solihull B91 3RQ. Applications close at 12 noon on Friday 3rd September 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, organ-playing audition and choir practice at St Alphege, Solihull on Saturday 18th September 2021.